Why IORT with Electrons
The world’s most successful surgical oncologists know that treating cancer with radiation during surgery requires the right dose at the right depth for the right volume.
In choosing Mobetron, these leading physicians and radiologists trust the precise, targeted and controlled performance of electron-based Intraoperative Radiation Therapy (IORT). Introduced by IntraOp in 1993, Mobetron is the first and only safe, portable, self-shielded electron linear accelerator designed to successfully treat locally-advanced cancer in the operating room. In minutes.
- Precise uniform dose maximizes therapeutic ratio
- Eliminates multiple fractions of traditional radiation, improving the patient’s quality of life
- Radiation dose provided at the biologically optimal time
- The most cost effective APBI technique
- Two-minute treatment maximizes physician productivity
- Preserves skin and other healthy, non-involved tissue